Role:- Technician to support in DT
Salary:- Scale 3 Point 7-10, £22,292 – £23,471 per annum (£18,841- £19,838 pro rata)
Required:- September 2021
Contract/Duration:- 36 hours per week. (Term Time only — 39 weeks per year)
Location:- London Borough of Lewisham, London
Are you a skilled, talented and creative technician?
Do you have a real passion and desire to impart your knowledge and understanding of STEM to others?
Are you seeking to develop your skill set across subject areas?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy, at this exciting time on our journey to becoming a great school. The recent Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects.
We seek to appoint a talented and knowledgeable Technician. As a Technician you will be responsible for ensuring that a high level of support is provided to both the Technology and Science departments. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the quality of teaching and learning across the academy. The Technician is responsible for supporting pupils within classrooms, preparing classroom resources, supporting with classroom demonstrations and maintaining adequate stock levels.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced as a technician in either a school or other setting or a fast learner ready for a new challenge
- Committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
- Well-organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
- In sympathy with our Catholic ethos
- Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
- Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
- Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff
- A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
- Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
- Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
- A strong commitment to staff well-being
We value the importance of diversity in our community and the significance of having staff that are representative of the children we teach. We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are currently underrepresented within the Academy.
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day
How to apply
For more information, please see the documents below. For an application pack or to book an Academy tour, please contact Elena Field on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7 259 8770
Closing date:- Open
Interviews:- September 2021
For more information about the Academy you can browse our website and our Twitter account https://twitter.com.stMattAcad