Your Career at SMA
St Matthew Academy is a collaborative, vibrant and diverse Catholic all-through, where every student and staff members potential and ambitions are realised and rewarded.
Our aim is to provide an outstanding level of education for students aged 4-16 in an environment that stimulates learning and growth. Parents choose our academy because of the high expectations we demand of our students and staff, developing our students into successful confident learners.
What can we offer you?
St Matthew Academy is a rewarding place to work, we believe in opportunities for all – as such, we provide an attractive package that is both developmental and offers many benefits to enhance the day to day working life at St Matthew Academy. Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Endless opportunities for Continuing Professional Development including the opportunity to teach across the primary and secondary phases and in partner schools, dedicated weekly mentor hour, Middle Leadership Programme, generous PPA time, Good Teacher Status scheme and a clear pathway to success
- Staff enrichment sessions: workshops and specialist sessions aimed at enhancing wellbeing, including rowing, cooking, yoga and mindfulness, circus skills, poetry, Nike Training club, photography and more
- Weekly staff fitness classes and social sports
- A highly skilled, supportive and approachable network of colleagues and strong, supportive and successful leadership
- Cross-phase benefits include development of professional skills, opportunity to teach in different phases, support from a large staff body, training opportunities, teaching in secondary specialist facilities and much more.
Working in Lewisham offers a competitive employment package, an attractive working environment and the opportunity to work in one of London’s most vibrant boroughs. Lewisham is well connected, located 11 minutes from central London by DLR and with access to train and bus services with an array of diverse restaurants and bars dotted throughout and a wealth of unique sights and attractions, to benefit you and learning beyond the classroom. Surrounded by many ‘Outstanding’ primaries; Lewisham is located close to a wealth of unique sights and attractions, including Blackheath, O2 arena, Greenwich Observatory and Greenwich Park and is truly an enviable place to work
“Teachers make it the best possible learning experience for all pupils” - "Leaders at all levels have a strong moral imperative for the children they serve" Ofsted 2019
Our working environment
- Our staff at St Matthew Academy are a social staff body with well attended parties twice annually and frequent sports competitions on our adjacent field
- Supportive atmosphere and positive workplace
- Every teacher has their own classroom
- State of the art facilities and resources
- Dedicated well-being programme and access to onsite gym
- Two data drops a year
- Incentive days off
- T&L coaching programme