Your Career at SMA
The commitment and support of our staff is a key strength of St Matthew Academy; staffs are dedicated to encouraging students to discover their potential and let their light shine during their time with us, and beyond.
Our aim is to provide an outstanding level of education for students aged 4-16 and an environment that stimulates learning and growth. Parents choose our academy because of the high expectations we demand of our students and staff, developing our students into successful confident learners.
St Matthew Academy is a rewarding place to work, we believe in opportunities for all – as such, we provide an attractive package for staff that ensures staffs develop skills and offers benefit to enhance the day to day working like at St Matthew Academy.
What can we offer you?
- Endless opportunities for Continuing Professional Development including the opportunity to teach across the primary and secondary phases and in partner schools, dedicated weekly mentor hour, Middle Leadership Programme, generous PPA time, Good Teacher Status scheme and a clear pathway to success
- Bespoke training programme
- Dedication to ensuring strong working relationships: residential trip and guest speakers for new starters and NQT staff
- Early paid start from July
- Strong, clear and fair performance management
Our working environment
- Our staff at St Matthew Academy are a social; staff body; with staff parties twice annually
- Supportive atmosphere and positive workplace
- Every teacher has their own classroom
- State of the art facilities and resources
- Dedicated well-being programme and access to onsite gym
- Staff manage their own data
- Incentive days off
Working in Lewisham offers a competitive employment package, an attractive working environment and the opportunity to work in one of London’s most vibrant boroughs. Lewisham is well connected, located 11 minutes from central London by DLR and with access to train and bus services with an array of diverse restaurants and bars dotted throughout. Surrounded by many ‘Outstanding’ primaries; Lewisham is located close to a wealth of unique sights and attractions, including Blackheath, O2 arena, Greenwich Observatory and Greenwich Park and is truly an enviable place to work.
“There are high levels of challenge and the work set enthuses the pupils and there are well-established routines and positive relationships between pupils and adults” Ofsted 2017