Pupils at the Academy are celebrating the best GCSE results in the history of the school.
The summer of 2017 is the first year where new GCSEs in Maths and English together with the new grading system of 1-9 appear in the results following government reforms to the exam system.
- 70% of all students in Year 11 gained a standard pass or above in both English and Maths (grade 4 to 9) – this is a 10% increase on last year’s equivalent statistic
- 50% gained a strong pass in both English and Maths (grade 5 to 9)
- 23% of pupils gained the English Baccalaureate (9% in 2016)
- 20 grade 9s were awarded -3 in English Language, 13 in English Literature and 4 in Mathematics
- An impressive 29% of pupils achieved at least 3 grade A or A* qualifications (and equivalents)
- 86% of pupils gained a standard pass or above in English – 14% increase on 2016
- 72% of pupils gained a standard pass or above in Maths (66% in 2016)
- Subjects with 80% or higher A* - C grades: Geography; History; Computer Science; Art, Business Studies; Drama; Media, PE and the triple Sciences
Head of School Miranda Baldwin said; “These are a great set of results, and we are extremely proud of all of our Year 11 students who rose to the challenge of the more difficult GCSEs with commitment and hard work. We are also very grateful to our dedicated and talented teachers and support staff for their contribution to these results, particularly at a time of great upheaval and change in education. ”
Special congratulations go to our highest achieving pupil Fadekemi Adeleye who gained 3 grade 9s, 6 A*, 2 A and a Distinction*. She joins a small select club of just 2000 pupils across the country to achieve three grade 9s, the "gold standard".
The top grades were awarded to many other of our pupils too, including:
Chloe Bui - 12 A* and A (and equivalent) grades
Holly Kawuma - 12 A* and A (and equivalent) grades
Catrina Creech - 11 A* and A (and equivalent) grades
Chiamaka Dominic - 11 A* and A (and equivalent) grades
William Laver - 10 A* and A (and equivalent) grades
Sonia Christopher - 9 A* and A (and equivalent) grades
Jason Ferreira Pina - 9A* and A (and equivalent) grades
Niamh O'Fathaigh - 9 A* and A (and equivalent) grades