The school is an 11 minute walk from Blackheath Rail Station.
Bus route (Station to school)
Stop E located by Blackheath rail Station Buses 54, 89, 108, stopping at St.Margarets Church, Brandram Rd (Stop C)
Trains from Central London
- 12 minutes on South Eastern Trains from London Bridge
- 22 Minutes on South Eastern Trains from London Waterloo East
- 29 minutes on South Eastern Trains from London Victoria
An enviable setting
Situated in the London borough of Lewisham and the conservation area of Blackheath, St Matthew Academy commands a desirable location in an independent and thriving hub.
Working in Lewisham offers a competitive employment package, attractive working environment and strong prospects to support and enhance your professional and personal life.
Here are some of the reasons Lewisham is an ideal place to work:
• Straddling two boroughs, Lewisham and Greenwich, we benefit from a true village vibe with vast green spaces including Greenwich Park and the Heath
• A vibrant borough just 11 minutes from the centre of London, we are well connected through excellent transport links with the international rail terminal in Stratford and London Overground within easy reach, and you can even fly away to Europe for a long weekend away via London City Airport
• A successful and cosmopolitan part of London, Blackheath high street is filled with independent cafés and shops, diverse restaurants, with specialist foodie treats and bars dotted throughout
• A popular venue for year-round events: from weekend football, weekly farmers’ markets and summer picnics, to the best free fireworks display in London – and the annual summer festival OnBlackheath, celebrating some of the best musicians and chefs in a weekend of outdoor entertainment
• A wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities on your doorstep to benefit you in your free time and provide exciting learning opportunities beyond the classroom
• Excellent entertainment: closely situated to Lewisham town centre for a bustling shopping centre; Blackheath Halls serves the community a range of classical music, opera and comedy, and nearby are the O2 Arena, Cutty Sark, the Royal Observatory, museums, art galleries, and much more.