A Valued Career
A Valued Career
A career at St Matthew Academy offers a rewarding future, working with ambitious and inspiring young learners and like-minded, passionate staff in a close-knit, supportive team. If you believe you can add to our collaborative team, then we want to hear from you.
Investing in you
Professional development is at the heart of all that we do. We ensure that each career development plan is bespoke to every member of staff based on expertise and experience to allow us to tailor our training and development. Our attractive package is designed to ensure staff members' ongoing developmental needs are continuously supported and encourage every individual to progress in their career with us. With opportunities to teach across the primary and secondary phases and in partner schools; a dedicated weekly mentor hour; the Middle Leadership Programme; generous PPA time; Beacon Teacher Status scheme; early paid starts in July, and a residential trip and guest speakers for new starters/NQT staff, staff feel truly valued at St Matthew Academy.
What can you expect from us?
- Passion and commitment to providing outstanding opportunities and learning for all
- Strong, supportive and successful leadership
- A highly skilled, supportive and approachable network of colleagues
- Inner London salary weighting and generous pension scheme
- Commitment to staff wellbeing
- State-of-the-art facilities and a large bank of resources
- Each teacher provided with their own classroom with adaptive learning spaces
Going that extra mile
We understand the pivotal role of our staff undertake and the impact that high-quality teaching can have on the outcomes for our learners. As such, we recognise the importance of developing and sustaining not only staff but a working environment in which they can flourish. To enhance and support your day-to-day working life, we offer some unique benefits that include, but are not limited to:
- Staff enrichment sessions: workshops and specialist sessions aimed at enhancing wellbeing, including rowing, cooking, yoga and mindfulness, circus skills, poetry, Nike training club, photography and more.
- Tech Scheme: spread the cost of payments on the latest products available from the Apple Store, Currys and PC world
- Free use of Academy gym
- Weekly staff fitness classes and social sports
- Commitment is valued: every term, each member of staff who achieves 100% attendance will be rewarded
- Incentive days off
- We endorse the Cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers and annual seasons ticket loans
- Regular staff social events are organised during the academic year
- Free onsite parking